"Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life." Romans 6:4
Easter morning is one of my favorite mornings of the year. There is nothing like getting together with our church family and celebrating the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ! It is amazing how God has loved us in such a way that He sent His Son to die for us...in order to give us NEW LIFE!!!
New life is what God has given us. While Satan wants to kill, steal, and destroy everything we attempt in life, Jesus promised to give us abundant life. This life of promise, hope, and purpose can only be found in Christ Jesus, for apart from Him, we can do nothing.
This is what excites us so much about heading to Clarion University and reaching students for Christ! God wants them to have the new life that He bought for them. God created them...they are His masterpiece, which He created in Christ Jesus for good works, which He has already prepared for them to walk in. This is the gift from God that can only be found in Jesus. And what a better time in a person's life to find Jesus than when they are preparing for the rest of their life.
We hope you have a wonderful Easter. May God bless you with His all sufficient grace and mercy.
Scott and Briana
The only word I've found so far to describe our trip, 'Really?!'
Seriously, Scott tried to write an update yesterday and neither of us can find the words yet. It is hitting me really hard this week, all of the changes that are coming soon. It's good, it is going to be hard, as long as we're praying 'Your will be done' everything will be just fine. No matter how hard leaving is, it would be HARDER to not be obedient. In Clarion we didn't find replacements for ANYONE (and we never will), yet what we did find is another family with arms wide open! As hard as it is to leave, it won't be hard to arrive, there are so many loving people who God has already prepared as partners with huge hearts for that campus and for God's will to be done!
We can only PRAISE GOD as we watch His plan unfold.
Please pray for our eyes to remain FIXED ON JESUS and for our prayers to only be asking for HIS will to be done.
One of my favorite lines in a song Scott wrote ages ago goes like this:Lord fill my heart so that I’ll be
Worshiping YOU instead of me
This is my prayer
Well, I apologize about getting behind on the blog this week. We started off well, but trying to find time to swing by the McDonalds each day to update did not come to fruition. However, what I can say is that God opened doors each day, and we realized once again that when we are in the presence of brothers and sisters in Christ, we are with family. We made many friends while in Clarion and we thank God for that. The opportunity to already have connections when we move is absolutely a blessing from the Lord.
Right now I am typing this from the La Quinta here at the Pittsburgh airport...our flight leaves at 6:20 in the morning!! Once we get home I will sit down and give a detailed synopsis of what God did, and how He blew us away this week. We have some wonderful stories to tell, and the Spirit of the Lord was definitely moving in the hearts of people in Clarion. I know that many of you can't wait to hear how God continued to answer our prayers, giving us confidence in the calling He has given us.
I ask that you will continue to pray that we will keep our eyes fixed on Jesus, and that we will not get distracted by the world. We don't want to get back home and get back into our daily routines and completely forget about what God did this week.
Please pray also for safe travels tomorrow as we travel home. We should be landing in Greensboro around lunch time.
Below is the farm that we stayed at. Thank you Dick, Marge, and Pat for allowing us to join you for the week. We could have never expected your wonderful hospitality!
Scott and Briana
Yesterday, we came on campus and had a very fruitful conversation with Doug, another campus minister here at Clarion. Today we decided to come back and eat lunch among the students. Man do I feel old! But at the same time, I can see the need, and I know that my conversations with students will be Spirit led and fueled by the passion He has given me. We really want to spend some time here praying and seeking God's vision for these students. He has purpose for these students! I desire to help them realize what that might be.
This afternoon, we are meeting with Pastor Trent of Zion Baptist Church. They are working with Doug here on campus, and I would love to get an idea of what they are doing along with THEIR vision for Clarion so that I can see how we can work along side, but at the same time do things that do not interfere. Doug and I both realize that the students here need Christ, and the more help that comes, more students will be reached with the Gospel.
Tonight, our hosts are having a dinner for around 30 guests who are coming over to hear about our ministry. Please be in prayer that God will move, and we can establish more partners, brothers and sisters in Christ who will help our transition to Clarion, PA.
Thank you for your prayers. We love you.
Scott and Briana
I know many of you have wanted us to keep you updated as much as possible during this trip, and we desire to do just that. We have found a McDonalds with wi-fi that we can come and update so whenever we can find time to stop in, we will let you know what God is doing. After we get home and have some time, we will give you a full update about all that God has done on this trip, but for now what I want to do is give you answers to the very prayers that you have prayed for us over the previous week!
The health of our family. Satan loves to mess with us on trips with someone getting very ill right around the time for us to leave...He has provided. Once again, Satan tried to keep us down, but we know the plans God has for us and he did not detur. I didn't feel good Friday night and all of Saturday but I knew that it was Satan. Also, Thursday, we had a major plumbing problem at home on the day we were trying to pack and get ready. Then when Briana left to get some cleaning supplies, she might have broken her toe. I say all this because Satan was trying HARD to keep us from staying focused on Jesus, but it didn't work! Praise God!
- The couple who have opened their home for us to stay at for the week.
- That God would grant us many open doors to share the ministry with more and more people throughout the week. As we speak Sunday morning, we are praying that people will desire to want to know more and that we would be able to connect with them that week... I'm combining these two prayer requests because they go hand in hand. God has given us the most loving couple to stay with while we are in Clarion, and their heart for the Gospel is evident. Dick and Marge have gone over and beyond with their hospitality and love towards us. Well, one of the things that they have felt called to do is invite many couples and families to their house to hear about our ministry! And here is the crazy thing. He realized that some couples could only do certain nights of the week, so he is hosting a dinner for these people both Tuesday AND Thursday nights. He has been on the phone every evening calling and leaving messages with different people of different communities of faith, trying to spread the message of what God is doing! Praise God!
- Pray that we would speak with the authority of the Holy Spirit as we meet new ministry partners on this trip...Sunday morning, I had the opportunity to speak at the adult Sunday School class at First Baptist of Clarion (about 50 people). Well, I have shared our ministry many times, so it should seem very easy to do by know, and it usually is. But two big things were different this time. First, I was actually speaking to people of Clarion, and not just speaking about Clarion. I did not want to say something that would misrepresent who they are. Second, my Regional Director was there to connect with us and this was the first time he had ever heard our whole story from beginning to end, and to hear our passion in detail. So my nerves were overtaking me, and I felt very unprepared after our long day of travel. But the Holy Spirit took over and I really don't have a clue what I said! All I know was that God spoke and He moved the people, and we were able to connect with two separate families that afternoon, one for lunch and one for dinner. If there is anything I have learned from this period of preparation and waiting on the Lord, it is that I have to surrender EVERYTHING, and let the Holy Spirit do what He wants to do. Praise God!
"And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3:17
Thank God! Praise Him!
Here we go! We're at 62% everybody! We will be moving at around 80% of our financial goal. That means we need an additional 18% in monthly support before we can call Clarion home. Will you help us spread the word?
As of this morning, we have 2 prospects for financial support that would bring us to almost 70% leaving only 10% left to raise. Please pray that if God intends for either of these organizations to support this ministry that they would feel His call and know.
To put all of this in practical numbers, we would need roughly 10 more supporters at $50/month -or- 5 at $100/month.
This is a REALITY! God is moving and working. PLEASE, PLEASE pray with us! If you have been feeling a tug from the Holy Spirit to support this ministry, pray! We do not pray that anyone would feel obligated, but that those who are called to partner with us will hear their calling and Know! We love you all!
Thank you for your prayers!
"For this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you..." Colossians 1:9
My final prayer for our trip is based on Colossians 1:9-12, which is the prayer Paul had for the church.
1) vs 9 - we may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding.
2) vs 10 - we will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, and please Him in all respects
3) vs 10 - we will bear fruit in every good work and increase in the knowledge of God
4) vs 11 - we will be strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience
5) vs 12 - we will joyously give thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light.
"These all with one mind were continually devoting themselves to prayer, along with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with His brothers." Acts 1:14
This Thursday, please pray for:
1) That God would grant us many open doors to share the ministry with more and more people throughout the week. As we speak Sunday morning, we are praying that people will desire to want to know more and that we would be able to connect with them that week.
2) That we would carry the name of Jesus wherever we go, allowing God to use us to be His light. We want to follow Him during this whole trip, and allow Him to use us however He chooses to do so.
3) That God would reveal Himself to us, and that we would receive His vision for the campus of Clarion University. We want to be able to envision what He is leading us to do, and to possibly meet students that we will be able to work with once we are up there.
Scott and Briana
"O Lord, I beseech You, may Your ear be attentive to the prayer of Your servant and the prayer of Your servants who delight to revere Your name..." Nehemiah 1:11
This Wednesday, please pray for:
1) First Baptist and Zion Baptist as they prepare for us to come speak to them.
2) the couple who have opened their home for us to stay at for the week.
3) all other appointments that come our way.
Scott and Briana
"...The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much." James 5:16
This Tuesday, please pray for:
1) The health of our family. Satan loves to mess with us on trips with someone getting very ill right around the time for us to leave.
2) Our parents, as they watch Elijah and Abigail for the week. Pray for patience, endurance, and peace for them all!
3) Us, that we would trust God and not worry about our children. Pray that we stay focused on the task at hand, and trust God, knowing that He will watch over Elijah and Abigail, just like He does everyday.